First Thursday of the Month at 1:30 PM CT
EPIC-N facilitates a conference call for individuals involved in an EPIC program to connect and learn from one another.
This call is open to anyone looking to start, support, and/or improve an EPIC program. The audience of the call may change slightly from month to month. The RSVP form will note which audience is of focus for each call. Organizers use Zoom conference and video call software to connect parties.
Currently, the call takes place monthly on the first Thursday of the month at 1:30 PM CT. If that time does not work for you, please RSVP and inform us of the conflict.
RSVP here to get connected and to receive zoom call information.
The monthly call rotates themes each month. Below is the calendar of upcoming calls and their respective themes:
- June 3, 2021 at 1:30 PM CT – “How I am Using Transit Agency Partnership Resources from EPIC-N” – Dan Fernandez, California State University Monterey Bay
- July 1, 2021 at 1:30 PM CT – TBD – Connie Frey Spurlock, Southern Illinois University Edwardsville
- Aug 2, 2021 at 1:30 PM CT – TBD
See past call themes here:
- May 6, 2021 at 1:30 PM CT – “Resident Engagement with Project Topics and Findings: How do we engage the broader community?” – Maria Dahmus, University of St. Thomas, Sustainable Communities Partnership
- Apr. 1, 2021 at 1:30 PM CT – “Previewing Resources for Adopting the SDG” – Lori DiPrete Brown, University of Wisconsin-Madison – RSVP Available
- Mar. 4, 2021 at 1:30 PM CT – “Sharing (and updating) Success Stories” with Travis Kraus, University of Iowa, Iowa Initiative for Sustainable Communities
- Feb. 4, 2021 at 1:30 PM CT – “Considering Intellectual Property and Announcing New EPIC Tools”
- Jan. 7, 2021 at 1:30 PM CT – “Goal Setting”
- Dec. 3, 2020 at 1:30 PM CT – “Diversifying Your Funding Sources”
- Nov. 5, 2020 at 1:30 PM CT – “Preparing for the End of the Semester”
- Oct. 1, 2020 at 1:30 PM CT – “Presenting Making Membership EPIC Results”
- Sep. 3, 2020 at 1:30 PM CT – “Starting an Academic Year”
- Aug. 6, 2020 at 1:30 PM CT – “Making Membership EPIC”
- Jul. 2, 2020 at 1:30 PM CT – “Student Engagement and Support”
- Jun. 4 at 1:30 PM CT – “Amidst COVID-19, Celebrating Accomplishments Together”
- May. 7, 2020 at 10:00 AM CT – “Hope Wanted: From Rust to Sustainability: Exploration of the EPIC Model in a rust belt and rural communities“
- Apr. 2, 2020 at 1:30 PM CT – 3C’s (Connect, COVID-19, & Conference) Update
- Mar. 19, 2020 at 1:30 PM CT – Impromptu call to discuss adaptation to COVID-19 realities. – Jaimie Masterson, Texas A&M University
- Mar. 5, 2020 at 1:30 PM CT – “EPIC Life Hacks” – Kelly Rupp, University of Wisconsin, UniverCity Year
- Feb. 6, 2020 at 1:30 PM CT – “Messaging” – During the call attendees will share tips about how to present different aspects of EPIC programs.
- Dec. 5, 2019 at 1:30 PM CT – “Program Managers” and “Program/Faculty Directors” meet in separate Zoom breakout rooms to connect with one another on topics more specific to their specific roles.
- Nov. 7, 2019 at 1:30 PM CT – “Recruiting Faculty”
- Oct. 3, 2019 at 1:30 PM CT – “Matchmaking: Big Community Ideas to Obtainable Student Projects”
- Sep. 5, 2019 at 1:30 PM CT – “Topic Requests for First EPIC-N Webinar Series”
- Jun. 6, 2019 at 1:30 PM CT – “Supporting Students”
- May 2, 2019 at 1:30 PM CT – “2019 EPIC-Network Conference Takeaways”
More Details about the EPIC-Network Call
The EPIC-Network Call has one general agenda item: Connect. Program staff tasked with exploring or managing any complex partnership programs need opportunities to connect with colleagues with similar goals. This call is a medium for communication between EPIC conferences and workshops. Calls will be advertised as 1.5 hours long, but it is totally okay if it goes shorter or longer. Generally, participants will engage in these types of activities, but this list could expand as desired by program managers:
- Connect with other program managers
- Ask questions
- Receive feedback
- Share resources
- Grapple with complex issues and be okay without finding solutions
- Make kind suggestions to one other
EPIC-N supports the EPIC-Network Calls by:
- EPIC-N supports and facilitate call logistics
- EPIC-N supports identification of call leaders and helps ensure transition
- EPIC-N staff may request items be added to the agenda for program managers to discuss
- EPIC-N staff will assist in note taking. Notes are only to be shared with individuals who RSVP to the event to help connect, answer questions, and gather appropriate resources for those unable to attend specific calls, yet remain active in the EPIC-Network.